وزارت دفاع آمریکا اعلام کرده است که ایران سامانه موشکی ۳۰۰-S را وارد مرحله عملیاتی کرده است که این مسئله نگرانی آمریکا و اسرائیل را در پی داشته است.
سرهنگ رابرت اشلی مدیر بخش اطلاعات دفاعی پنتاگون طی گزارشی در کمیته نیروهای مسلح مجلس سنای آمریکا اعلام کرد که در پی عملیاتی سامانه موشکی ۳۰۰-S حال ایران از توانایی سامانه موشکی زمین به هوا با قابلیت جابجایی سریع و برد بلند برخوردار شده است.
مقامات اسرائیلی و آمریکا بر این اعتقادند که توانمندی های ایران به نسل جدید ارتقا یافته است. عملیاتی شدن ۳۰۰-S نشان دهنده اهمیت تحویل دادن جنگنده های ۳۵-F آمریکایی به اسرائیل می باشد.
سرهنگ رابرت اشلی تاکید کرد که عملیاتی شدن ۳۰۰-S نشان داد که ایران به ارتقای توانمندی های تسلیحاتی متعارف برای بازداشتن رقبا، دفاع از سرزمین و کنترل معابر نفوذ مثل تنگه هرمز در زمان وقوع درگیری نظامی ادامه خواهد داد.
وی همچنین به افزایش توان موشکی ایران اعتراف کرد و گفت: ایران به منظور افزایش اثربخشی سامانه های موشکی خود همچنان بُرد، کشندگی و دقت موشک های خود را ارتقاء می دهد.
Iran’s Russian Anti-Aircraft Missile Now Operational, U.S. Says
Iran tested and deployed a Russian-made anti-aircraft missile system last year that has long worried U.S. and Israeli military officials because it gives the Islamic Republic a “generational improvement in capabilities,” the Pentagon’s Defense Intelligence Agency disclosed.
Russia delivered the SA-20c SAM system in 2016, providing Iran with its most advanced air-defense system. Now, Iran has “the flexibility of a highly mobile, long-range, strategic surface-to-air missile,” Lieutenant General Robert Ashley, the DIA director, said in written testimony submitted Tuesday to the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who’s visiting Washington this week, is pushing the Trump administration to take stronger action to counter Iran’s role in the war in Syria and its provision of increasingly sophisticated weapons to its allies in the Lebanese militia Hezbollah. While Trump has vowed to stem Iran’s growing power in the region, the U.S. has maintained that America’s combat role in Syria is limited to preventing a revival of Islamic State terrorists.
Strait of Hormuz
The fielding of the SA-20 showed that Iran “continues to improve its conventional capabilities to deter adversaries, defend its homeland, and control avenues of approach --including the Strait of Hormuz -- in the event of a military conflict,” Ashley said in his submission to the Senate panel. “We expect Iran’s modernization priorities to remain its ballistic missile, naval, and air defense forces, with new emphasis on the need for more robust combat air capabilities.”
The deployment of the SA-20 underscores the value of Israel’s purchase of Lockheed Martin Corp.’s stealthy F-35 jet. It also caps a decade of objections by the U.S. and Israel against Russia selling Iran the weapons system.
In 2008, General Michael Moseley, who was Air Force chief of staff, told reporters
that Iran’s capability to defend itself against air strikes would take a “quantum leap” when it deployed the advanced Russian anti-aircraft system.
“The SA-20 is a big deal,” Moseley said at the time. “It is a quantum leap. If you put an SA-20 up against the Washington Monument, you’ve got about a 100-mile range with that thing -- you can engage aircraft as far as” Philadelphia, he said.
In 2010, Army General David Petraeus, who was head of U.S. Central Command at the time, said the weapons were among enhancements Iran sought to its “anti-access” capabilities designed to prevent the U.S., Europe and Gulf nations from entering the Strait of Hormuz in a crisis.
After Tillerson, the Iran Deal Hangs By a Thread
President Donald Trump’s decision to fire his top diplomat has put the Iran nuclear agreement at risk and cast new uncertainty on a meeting of the accord’s signatories.
Diplomats from six world powers and Iran convened in Vienna on Friday to review the nuclear deal, called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, which restricts the Persian Gulf country’s nuclear work in exchange for sanctions relief. It’s the last scheduled meeting of the group before Trump’s May 12 decision on whether the U.S. sticks to the accord.
“The deal now hangs by a thread,” said Ali Vaez, the International Crisis Group’s director of Iran policy. “The Trump administration’s move to the right with Tillerson’s departure and Pompeo’s arrival signals further hardening of Washington’s stance.”
Trump nominated CIA director Mike Pompeo to become his new Secretary of State on Tuesday after he dismissed Rex Tillerson via Twitter. The president cited Tillerson’s willingness to stick by the July 2015 nuclear deal as one reason for replacing him. Pompeo, by contrast, has been a vocal critic of the accord.
Understanding Iran Nuclear Deal Trump Loves to Hate: QuickTake
“It remains to be seen whether the Europeans will want to continue trying to accommodate the Trump administration now that Mr. Tillerson isn’t in charge of the State Department,” said former U.K. diplomat Peter Jenkins. “It was with Tillerson’s State Department that the U.K., Germany and France were negotiating. They may well realize that pursuing an accommodation has become even more pointless than it was a month ago.”
European diplomats met with U.S. counterparts led by Brian Hook in Berlin on Thursday. Hook, the State Department’s director of policy planning, is among the lastTillerson confidants standing and will participate in Friday’s Joint Commission in the Austrian capital.
European leaders were spurred to action by Trump’s threat to leave the deal and had been working with Tillerson on ways to restrain Iran’s development of ballistic missiles. That could have helped buy time for the nuclear accord, which international inspectors say Iran continues to abide by.
“There’s confusion among Europeans as to whether those views will reflect on the new secretary of state,” said Ellie Geranmayeh, a senior fellow at the European Council on Foreign Relations. “The negotiating talking points are still coming from the Tillerson State Department.”
Iran last month left no doubt about what it would do if Trump undercuts the deal.
“I don’t think the deal can survive” if the U.S. administration maintains this policy, Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said. Iran “cannot remain in a deal in which there is no benefit for us,” he said.